URBAN OM´s first RESTORATIVE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING!
Take this opportunity to dive right into this beautiful practice.
Restorative yoga is a therapeutic style developed from Iyengar yoga, designed to heal the whole body’s system from stress, trauma, disease and injury.
In this practice props support the body into deep and complete relaxation through various postures. When our system doesn’t need to tighten or protect us, we can release that tension and work towards healing instead. Remember: It is the same force that holds which heals. We allow the intelligence of our bodies to do the work in this practice of non-doing.
Together we’ll face common misinterpretations of and resistances to restorative yoga as a practice:
-Is this really yoga? What do we actually practice? It doesn’t look like we’re doing anything!
-Do we need this? Isn’t sleeping enough?
Oh yes, this is very different from unconscious sleep. Oh yes, we need this! There’s nothing easy about this style of yoga; I usually express these classes as my most advanced. So we will take it slow and step-by-step!
First module15-18 FEB: Personally experience the effects of restorative yoga.
- How can you become your own best caretaker? We’ll investigate several methods for supporting your own practice, as well as look at what different bodies and systems need for obtaining each individual’s ultimate effect.
- We’ll breakdown a specific sequence of settling into the practice.
- What does it feel like when our autonomic nervous system shifts from sympathetic to parasympathetic? What is happening in our bodies? How can we consciously support this shift?
- Our focus will be on the vagal transmitted control of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- We will explore deep-relaxation, Yoga Nidra and breathing techniques that calm our system and prepare for deep stillness.
Second module 22-25 MAR: Tools for how to share this beautiful practice.
- What is our purpose? What do I, as a teacher, bring into the room? How can I be of service here?
- We will play with how to sequence a class, to guide others in relaxation and meditation, to build our muscles of PRESENCE and AWARENESS, and to support without disturbing.
- How do we leave space and silence without leaving the room of our presence?
- We will guide each other in various restorative flows with particular themes, assisting in finding the shape most suitable and supportive for each unique form. We are reading others’ bodies, rather than listening to our own minds.
Sofia Elmström has been a yogini since 1997 and a teacher since 2001. For the last 8 years she’s been leading yoga teacher trainings in Stockholm, both 200 hours and shorter programs. Appreciated for her responsiveness, competence and wonderful energy, Sofia challenges you to stay fully present within your body and breathing in the slow, soft movement. She burns to explore the small details in the depths of mind and body, helping to find your center and intentions on and off the mat.
After the training you will have the tools to start teaching restorative and relaxing classes, including
The training is offered with very limited places to ensure maximum student attention.
Attending all the hours in the training is required to earn your Urban OM restorative certification. Between the two modules, you will participate in classes as an observer and assist, in addition to completing an assignment.
10.070 SEK (6% VAT)